Setting up an internship (House job) as an foreign Grad?

Dr. Raza

New Member
As-Salamu Alaykum,

I had a few questions about doing a house job in Pakistan as a foreign graduate as I was doing some research online I came across this PFMSG blog and maybe someone can help me get some answers. Just to give a little information about my professional background; I'm a Medical graduate from Windsor University School of Medicine, St. Kitts West Indies. I have completed my MD degree in 2012 along with the United States Medical Licensing Examinations (USMLE) step 1, 2 ck, cs and 3. I have also completed my Canadian exams MCCEE and MCCQE1 as well as the NAC OSCE. I’m seeking a house job in Pakistan and would like to know what would be required from my end?

From the information I was able to obtain online, it appears I would have to write the following exams in order to start a house job in Pakistan: NEB step 1 NEB step 2

In order to write these exams seems like first I have to register with PMDC and in order to write the exams. Which appears to be a real pain if I'm not in Pakistan!

Anyone on this forum from Canada or US in a similar situation who might be able to help? For anyone wondering why I wish to pursue this route is because I want to complete my one year internship in Pakistan and apply for training in Ireland.

Best regards,

Dr. Moazzam Raza

***Update: So I gathered all my documents and completed the PMDC form III and took it to the consulate of Pakistan here in Toronto. They told me that they can't attest my Medical degree and transcript as it's not from Pakistan. How am I suppose to get it notarized now? Can it be attested by a lawyer? Also on form III on point 14 it requires foreign Nationals to route applications through the Federal Ministry, along with a certificate form from head of department where admission for post-graduate studies have been approved. Does this apply to me? If so, how would I proceed to apply through the Federal Ministry?


Global Moderator
One thing that you didn't mention is about your Nationality, If you are Pakistani National then you will have to follow the procedures for Pakistani Nationals otherwise as Foreign National it would be difficult to apply, and that should be routed through the Embassy of Pakistan, to my best guess.
If you have done USMLE why not to get residency in USA?