After MBBS ( MS leading PHD 5 years program)

samiullah

I m currently first year (postgraduate"Master degree student " in Tianjin Medical University China ,enrolled by CSC scholarship "my specialty is ( gastroenterology & hepatology ). OurMaster program is 3 years The university just gave us some good news aboutif you want you can extend 2 years more and continue 5 years study then the university will awarded you PHD degree but the university won't give master degree only will awarded 5 years PHD degree and also they said we will give you master clearness certificate , and they said this is Master PHD combined 5 years program....what I want to know is this 5 years PHD is acceptable by Pmdc or HEC ??
2: if I awarded this PHD what's my careers? Clinical ? Or only work as a professor? Because I want to be a clinical doctor work in hospital and clinic ...
3: and what equivalent certificate will be offer by HEC for my PHD
4: will this will make me exempted from NEB PMDC exam ? Or if I go for clinical work I must give neb exam for my MBBS degree ?
5: after my PHD is recognized by HEC and PMDC ,what I need to go for next ?
Plz plz answer me asap ,if any body know this .thankx

drwatson

CEO
Administrator
Global Moderator
Well that's great. The university would give only PhD degree with Master clearance certificate.
1. Pmdc and hec will accept this PhD.
2. Your career will be vast, you can work in clinical and also on research or teaching, you have multiple choices.
3. Hec will give you PhD equivalent certificate and pmdc would give you PhD and also fcps if you are lucky.
4. Your mbbs degree will have to be registered by pmdc and for that you will have to take pmdc exam, PhD won't give you exemption from pmdc exam for graduates. For PhD registration, pmdc will decide whether to take exam or just interview from you.
5. After your degree recognition and registered with pmdc you are happy to go for any job.
The registration with pmdc process isn't so short so be prepared for that, firstly you would take exam for mbbs degree to be registered, then your housejob will be exempted by pmdc after application for exemption on basis of PhD training. Then you would apply for your PhD degree registration and that would take time too, may be 6 months to one year.
Good luck

Samiullah didn't metion that is he Pakistani graduate or foreign graduate. If foreign then waste of time as i know one of my senior who has done Ph.d but if Pakistani graduate or has passed NEB exams that it is not a bad decision to do Phd from China.

Sent from my SM-G900L using Tapatalk

drwatson

CEO
Administrator
Global Moderator
@darkangel_salmanshah he is foreign graduate like us and we'll it's not waste of time, every struggle of you pays off with time regardless of what you are.
PhD will be recognized as PhD and fcps also, but need some time for its recognition as their is a process if it.

machintosh

first of all make some points clear .

1: after m.b.b.s , if u want to enter residency programmes in usa or uk or amc or even in pakistan or ksa etc u have to pass through liscence exam ,liscence exam to practice ...how is this possible that one person having mbbs anf then without any liscence exam of china is doing ms/md and then phd . chinese universites allow this .yes they allow coz they will award the degree and that person still not b allowed to practise in china even ,he has to pass the liscence exam . my friend in norway who has done ms from china .norwagien board reject ms totally on the basis that when u dont have the autority to practise in china how u have been enrolled in ms programme ?
secondly phd is research based degree ...u choose something to work on and then write down articles and thesis , it has less clinical hours and more research work .

now the point is that every country has diffrent rules ,
some countries reject ms/md from china on liscence basis
some consider more clnical works
example as

i have known 2 persons one has done ms optho and then phd optho
and other has done ms neurosurgery/docctrate neurosurgery
person with pdh optho is rejected by pmdc
and the person with doctrate neurosurgery is recommended for further process and after series of examinations his degree was accpeted

the final point is that plz select postgraduation v seriously ...postgraduation after which we dont have to appear infront of boards and explaining them we have done this and we have done that ...
plz go for standard postgraduations ......

machintosh

residency in usa
residency in uk
residency in australia
diplomate american board , mrcp.frcs...
if in pakistan go f.c.p.s /md/ms/mcps aur any diploma atleast

training for master or phd in china or ukraine or russia ...is it worthy ? really?
it is long discussion topic ..

undergraduate is ur face and postgraduation is make up

try to make ur face beautiful and do perfect makeup

if any flaws in ur face (undergraduate) try to cover it with good make up (postgraduation )

drwatson

CEO
Administrator
Global Moderator
Dear, study in China isn't worthless. Many of Chinese graduates are doing great jobs and are doing same or better than others. Don't under estimate.
There are difficulties in every pathway. If you are thinking that masters and PhD from China is very easy, you are wrong then.

machintosh

dear i am not under estimating at all.i agree many chinese medical university gradutes are doing extremly well.i myself a chinese university graduate .
i am talking about postgraduation .
it is a different story.

drwatson

CEO
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yes everyone should select the path according to their situation.
Well lets get detail of your different story, please make a new thread relevant to what you want to say about. I wanna listen you
Thanks

DivyaJ1

Leecher
Hello,
Thanks for Asking..!!

It is really good that your University will give you PhD degree with Master Clearance Certificate.

There are too many options will be available for you after getting this.

You can get a job easily.

Yes, Pmdc & HEC accepts this degree of PhD.

If you are willing to pursue your career further as a Junior Research Fellow or an Assistant Professor then you can also apply for CSIR NET Exam.

So you have many options. Now Its your turn to choose the best one.

Best of Luck :)

Shaan

Is it possible to get housejob exemption on the basis of postgrad. Studies in china after passing pmdc exams.?What's the criteria of pmdc for this scenerio?

chocolate

Is it possible to get housejob exemption on the basis of postgrad. Studies in china after passing pmdc exams.?What's the criteria of pmdc for this scenerio?
Well for HJ , PMDC is a must and its only granted when you complete your housejob.
2. Studies in China after PMDC is not a bad option at all.

drwatson

CEO
Administrator
Global Moderator
House job can be exempted on basis of clinical attachment during postgraduate studies. You will need to apply for exemption to PMDC.